- Donna R. asks us to remember her mom who has had a severe stroke in our prayers. She is now in Hospice care. UPDATE - Her mom died in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
- Peggy B. asks that we continue to remember her brother, George, in our prayers.
- Debbie G. asks that we continue to remember her grandmother, Josephine M. in our prayers.
- Kim C is still in the hospital, but may be coming home this week.
- Rosa H asks us to pray for her nephew who has been diagnosed with stage four cancer.
- Melanie, former in-law of Patty C., is recovering from brain surgery.
- The Pastor asks for us to remember his stepfather, Herbert M in our prayers. He has been hospitalized with internal bleeding. UPDATE: bleeding under control but source not found.
- Please remember David B in your prayers. He has stage four cancer. There will be a benefit in his honor on Saturday September 26th at Central High School in Wise. The UVA Bluegrass Band and the Wise Men from UVA will be playing.
- Angie C gave thanks for the special needs ball that was held last night at Coeburn Middle School. A total of 101 families were present and many, many volunteers. It made a special night for the children.
- Paul C, asks us to remember Evan C in our prayers. He is delivering the message this morning at Trinity UMC in Clintwood. Paul has also been selected as a national rep for The Learning Station at an upcoming event.
- Jannette K, has a friend with a 14 year old son that has been diagnosed with brain cancer the chemo has been especially hard for him. This same friend also has an 11 year old son with diabetes.
- Dottie A. has asked for prayers for Carol and Mark. He has a leg infection and she has and eye infection. He will be facing surgery tomorrow.
- UPDATE: John H had to have an emergency appendectomy on Monday night. He is now at home and recovering.
Pastor Terry Goodman has been a United Methodist minister since 1983. One of the areas of the faith that interests him is prayer and its many forms. Throughout the years, he has engaged in various prayer activities and disciplines. He writes this column with the desire to encourage prayer in the lives of his church members.